[cumbria_lug] FOSS sneaks in the side door...

Steve Turner Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 21:12:55 GMT 2006

Had an interesting conversation with someone over the weekend...

Someone locally is planning a "Build your own Media Lab" course/event
sometime in April/May in Maryport.

Apparently, the people concerned where involved in a similar venture in
Shefield where you got to work with an old recycled PC, installed
everything and learned how to use it, it was based around things like
Gimp and other nice apps, all FOSS, and you got to keep the PC at the end.

My name has been dropped in the pot so to speak, so as soon as I know
more, I'll let people know...  :-)  If anyones interesting in doing any
demo's/etc  come the time, I'm sure it would be a good platform to help
with and get a bit more support as well.

SteveT