[cumbria_lug] Linux use

Malcolm Logan blinkingeye at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:09:27 GMT 2007

On 06/12/2007, David Priestley <stig-clug at spodbox.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just wondering what people up here use Linux for?
> I've got an Asterisk PBX, IPCop firewall, laptop & server.

Got several servers, several desktops, firewalls, file servers, application
servers all running RHEL or Fedora.

I tend to use Ubuntu for laptops as the wireless support seems to be a lot
better out the box.

Been toying with the idea of running a PBX using Asterisk - what has your
experience of that been?

Been playing with Linux for a few years (1992)
> Dropped off the Linux ride for a while in the late 90's.  Climbed back
> aboard in 2000.

I cut my teeth on Solaris on SPARC and Intel in 2000. Only use Windows for
Outlook, some proprietary firewall management software and Napster ;)

DP

~~Zero Gravitas~~