[cumbria_lug] Linux use

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Thu Dec 6 10:55:14 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 00:44 +0000, David Priestley wrote:
> Just wondering what people up here use Linux for?
> I've got an Asterisk PBX, IPCop firewall, laptop & server.

Numerous desktops and servers (all Ubuntu), an IPCop firewall, and a
webserver (Debian). I've implemented LTSP setups and numerous other
boxes for friends customers. I've had an Asterisk box in the past, and
plans to implement another one, and at some point I will get MythTV set
up. I've also run Linux on various PDAs, my Xbox and PS2.

> Been playing with Linux for a few years (1992)
> Dropped off the Linux ride for a while in the late 90's.  Climbed back
> aboard in 2000.

First became aware of Linux in 1996, started playing with it in 1997 and
after getting to grips with UNIX via OpenBSD (thanks once again Ian)
have been a serious user ever since.

Now I get paid to develop on/for Linux! :)

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com
Pownce - http://pownce.com/schwuk