[cumbria_lug] Linux use

Bob Groves bobgroves at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 16:41:28 GMT 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 12:16 +0000, Bob Groves wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 December 2007, Peter Normington wrote:
> > >  Just wondering what people up here use Linux for?
> > > More and more :-)
> >
> > OpenSUSE 10.3 on an old IBM A20M laptop
>
> IBM ThinkPads are great with GNU/Linux. Some of mine are
> more than a decade old, and still going strong :-)

Yep - built like a tank, and works great with SuSe

> > plus my Packard Bell 3034, SUSE 9.3 on
> > an old PB Pulsar 600, and Mandriva on an Acer laptop. Just used for day
> > to day work (I teach adults) and running APTT. The Pulsar runs Apache and
> > my students test-run their websites on it.
>
> You're teaching IT? You may be interested in the soon-to-be launched
> Pilots qualification - an entry-level SysAdmin certification framework.
> http://thepilots.org/
>
>  - Richard

APTT's peripherally involved with this already :-)

--
Bob Groves BA Hons (Ed) LCGI MAPTT MInstLM MIITT MIFL
General Secretary, Association of Part-Time Tutors (APTT)
Email: secretary at aptt.org.uk
Legal information with regard to this email can be viewed here:
http://www.aptt.org.uk/e-disclaim.html

APTT Website: http://www.aptt.org.uk
APTT E-Learning: http://www.aptt-elearning.org.uk
APTT, Wallsend Peoples Centre, Memorial Hall
Frank Street, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear NE28 6RN

Personal website: http://www.bobgroves.net
(Written using Kmail in GNU/Linux OpenSUSE 10.3)

==== Random Interesting or Humorous Quote of the Day ====
Last night I met upon the stair
A little man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.