[cumbria_lug] It lives!

Dave Murphy dave at schwuk.com
Wed Mar 14 16:54:13 GMT 2007

I thought there must be something wrong with my mail client - there's
*never* any traffic on the Cumbria LUG list! :)

Welcome to any new members, and welcome back to anyone who's still
hanging around.

Cumbria LUG unofficially died sometime ago, but I don't see a reason why
it can't be resurrected. The mailing list is still open, the IRC channel
has marginally more traffic than the list, and the website needs a good
dusting, but we've got everything we need.

Given the size and layout of Cumbria, I think - unless the majority
disagrees - that we should forego centrally organised meetings. If
anyone wants to organise a meeting, feel free - post to the list and see
what happens.

These days some LUGs - particularly small ones such as ours - seem
pointless considering the communities that have built up around some of
the distributions (and podcasts!). Why bother with local users when you
can speak to anyone? I'd like to think there's still a place for the
regional LUGs though, so lets see what we can do with ours!

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy - http://www.schwuk.com