[cumbria_lug] PS3

Malcolm Logan blinkingeye at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:21:59 BST 2008

Dudes and Dudettes,

I have a PS3 that I upgraded the firmware to the latest version (2.30).

It has since stopped being able to stream mpg over UPNP (fuppes server on
Fedora8).

So firstly a warning - if you wanna stream vob/mpg files to PS3 dont upgrade
past 2.17.

Secondly, does anyone have or know anyone that has a virgin system, never
been updated, or a system that is running 2.17 that would be willing to
swap??

I would go as far as to include a cash sum with the swap if the system is in
really condition. Mine is brand new, shiny, unscratched.

I know its a long shot but after achieving my Media Nirvana with linux+PS3 I
am desperately unhappy!!!!

~~Zero Gravitas~~