[cumbria_lug] How did the meeting go?

R C Mitchell rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 08:57:13 UTC 2008

* Dave Murphy [2008-10-15 09:43:50 +0100]:

> Not seen anything about last weeks meeting[1] in Barrow - did it happen,
> and if so how did it go?

Well, I was there.  I bought myself a pint and sat looking out for
likely-looking character.  One appeared - t'other Dave ('Stig').  He
and I drank and nattered our way through three pints and then, just as
we'd decided nobody else was going to show, Trevor arrived.  I think
he'd been distracted by our Gaza Strip at the other end of Duke
Street. He was too late for my tales of hot threesomes on a bed with
Julie Christie!

I left them to it after a while.  I'd already had more beer in an
evening than I normally have in a month.

There was walk of rotating drinks around the county.

Rosie

--
Currently reading: A Dedicated Man by Peter Robinson
Pie 'n' Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day at http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com