[cumbria_lug] Quite Incredible!

Roger Cope roger.cope at morphaniel.com
Sun Apr 5 08:02:20 UTC 2009

It was simply that CentOS couldn't reconcile my monitor pixel size and
my display size. It knew that the monitor was widescreen (1680 x 1050)
but wouldn't offer that as an available desktop size so I was forced to
use a slightly larger desktop size and scroll into the corners.

I didn't really put any effort into hacking about with the X settings
because Googling about linux/centos and widescreen monitors brought up a
1001 different solutions. I'm sure it would have been fixable eventually
after breaking X a few times but frankly, it should be fixable in the
GUI or automagically.