[cumbria_lug] February Meeting sorted.

Trevor Pearson trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 22:08:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I couldn't get in touch with the Adult education centre (something about
half term) so I went round to The Oval centre.  Seemed to good to pass
up.  We have a meeting room with WiFi (the access point is in the room).
There is a bar on site for drinks / refreshments and we can bring /
order food from the local takeaways that are a couple of minutes walk
down the road.

Booked from 7pm to 11pm and I got it cheap...

The address is :-
	The Oval Centre
	Salterbeck
	Workington
	Cumbria
	CA14 5HA

The website is www.theoval.org.uk

Getting there :-

 From the North (Carlisle, Wigton, etc.) Remember to come via the A595
down to Cockermouth and not down the A596 as there is no road access to
Workington from Maryport / Flimby. At the end of the A66 turn left
toward the town centre.  Keep in the left lane and go straight through
the traffic lights.  At the roundabout take the third exit toward
Harrington. Keep straight ahead to you reach a roundabout, take the
first exit.  There is a second roundabout with a Netto store, Take the
second exit (straight ahead).  Take the fourth right and cross the
roundabout, the car park is on the left just before reaching the centre.

 From the South, Either come up via the A591 through the lakes and
follow the A66 into Workington as described previously, or if coming up
the coast at the end of the new bypass road at the new roundabout take
the first exit toward Harrington, follow the road through Harrington, as
you come up the hill an the other side onto Salterbeck road take the second
Right (the centre is signposted).

There is a small cluster of food places on Salterbeck road including
Fish and chips, Pizza/burger/kebabs and a Chinese.

Ant problems my mobile number is 0770 433 1655

I am going to produce a flyer and pop it up in a couple of places, who
knows we could get a new member ....

Trevor.