[cumbria_lug] Ubuntu 9.04 -> 9.10 upgrade failure warning

David Priestley stig-clug at spodbox.org
Mon Jan 18 15:41:25 UTC 2010

Ubuntu 9.10 definately doesn't like to play nicely with Xen.
Doesn't seem to be any support in the i386 -virtual kernel package -
which is a bit of a pain if you're using a lot of Ubuntu as guests under
Xen.

But then thats just one of the list of 'issues' I'm having with 9.10
Not all of them Ubuntu's fault, apart from choosing certain packages and
installing them as defaults.
GRUB2 & Upstart - I'm specifically looking at you!

It annoyed me enough this weekend to actually look at alternatives.

DP