[cumbria_lug] Cumbria Digest, Vol 195, Issue 2 (Was: Linux User Group meeting in Blackpool)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 08:11:55 UTC 2011

Compuk wrote:
>I personally know quite a few Linux users. I'm in Arnside and I have
>friends in Kendal.
>But we are just not in a position to be involved with a group.

That's not uncommon.

>Sorry about replying at the top. I thought it was usual to reply
>down the list.

It used to be considered standard etiquette, but so much software
defaults to making it "easy" to top post and it's been somewhat
diluted. It varies by list, some will get you a telling off, others
it's considered acceptable. Personally I'm of the opinion that top
posting rarely makes sense and usually goes hand in hand in the
second faux-pa - failing to trim excess quoted material which is out
of sight and out of mind off the bottom of the screen.