[cumbria_lug] Cumbria Digest, Vol 181, Issue 2

Dan Andersson dan at andersson.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 12:34:58 UTC 2011

John,

The discrepance in numbers can be confusing, however, there is a simple
explanation to it.

Some measure the CD capacity in Bytes only, like  702.8 MiB - as K3B rteports
it.

Inreality, this is 702.8 * 1024 * 1024 Bytes = 736,939,212
 single Bytes.

Can't burn ISO's?!

Install K3B - Gnome or KDE, just install K3B.

Start your favourite file manager, RIGHT click on the ISO file, select open with
K3B.

This is almost working 100% and.

Dodgy CD's? There os a box <Verify>, tick that box to be sure.

If you have dodgy CD's, you will have verify errors elsewhere, not only
burning ISO files.

Ubuntu 11.04 is a bit dodgy in making bootable USB flash drives but except for
that, I haven't heard about any problems.

Cheers

Dan Andersson