[cumbria_lug] verifying postal media

Andrew hugmail1023 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 12:52:30 UTC 2011

Thanks for that Michael, im having problems geting readom to access the
dvd but have found another solution:

the given script uses 'dd' with blocksize and blockcount options. Do you
think it be more approprate to replace 'dd' with 'readom' ?

[root at localhost Scripts]# readom dev=/dev/cdrom
f=/home/me/Scripts/fedora.iso
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
giving up.
readom: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/cdrom'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
readom: For possible targets try 'wodim -scanbus'.
readom: For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.