[cumbria_lug] Hi everyone, I'm new to the mailing list...

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 18:07:40 UTC 2011

The list is very quiet - I guess linux is so good everyone works out
their problems without having to ask!

I'm still here, working from home in Windermere for a financial services
company, web stuff mainly in web technologies with java back end.

I've been monitoring the debian alpha architecture list, as alpha
support was dropped from the last release of debian, primarily because
there was only one guy working on it. I'm going to offer what limited
help I may be able to provide, owning a number of alpha based boxes.

Welcome! We should think about another get together, preferably in a pub
I can stagger home from!

I will be hosting another DEC Legacy Event here in Windermere on October
8th & 9th if anyone is interested in coming along - the website for the
last event is still up with some photo galleries:
http://declegacy.org.uk - I will post a link to the new website when I
pull my finger out and get one organized!

I'm going to be opening it up hardware wise to include Silicon Graphics
and HP workstations, if not more...

Regards, Mark.