[dundee] java

Keir Lawson dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 8 14:39:01 2002

Finnally I have a linux problem for you to solve(as opposed to a windows one)  Im trying to install the net beans java ide.  ive allready installed the latest java sdk (1.4.1_01) from java,sun.com.  however when I try to install netbeans from the  KDE terminal it comes up with an error saying to run the installer agian but with the "-is:javahome <java home path>" argument so i used whereis java and it came up with /usr/bin/java. so i typed in;
"$ NetBeansIDE-release34-linux.bin -is:javahome usr/bin/java"
however it generated the same error.  please help i wnt to use netbeans for linux but i fear i may have to switch back to netbeans for windows.
--
religion is the opium of the masses Marx