[Dundee] Any Sign of a Meeting Planned?

Duncan Gauld dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 15 22:05:01 2002

Hi everyone,

For some time now the list has been gathering members; many are students and
some were recruited from the Linux Format LUG page.

I have now tried finding members at Abertay University and have used things
such as the Linux Counter and ICQ as well. We now have around 20 members
which is quite a nice number, especially for a place like dundee :-)

A "first meeting" which will likely come soon will almost certainly be held
at a meeting of the Dundee Computer User Group as they are already
established and have office bearers appointed and such. I have been to these
meetings before so know the guy who runs the group.

It would probably be easiest to hold meetings there for the first several
occassions because of the convenience of having access to a venue with (old)
computers, maybe internet access (they were at Graham Street college for a
while and have moved on to a Kingsway campus now).

I'll be speaking to Paddy Shepherd (founder of the DCUG) and will try to
arrange something. Fortunately, he is rather keen on the idea of a lug in
dundee, and it would be handy to have the LUG attached to an established
group. :-)

Any comments appreciated..

Duncan Gauld