[Dundee] Does anyone know how to...

Wm. G. Urquhart dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sun Sep 22 18:01:00 2002

Hi Guys,

I've installed an LDAP Server using OpenLDAP 2.5.1 and added a few records
to is using an ldif file via ldapadd, so I know the system works. However,
whenever I try to access it using the LDAP API I get Protocol Error:
requested protocol version not allowed. This is down to the fact that the
libs used to build the program default to v2 and not v3. There are
references in the documentation saying that the libs support both versions
of the protocol and implications that this can be changed to support v3
but I'm buggered if I can see how.

Has anyone out there done this before and got it to work? I'd appreciate
any pointers on this.

--
William