[dundee] AHHHHHHHH

CS Systems dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 02:49:00 2003

I think I'm just being silly here, but anyway.  I'm trying to get=
 my
linux (redhat 7.2) box to sycronize the time with time.nist.gov=
 time
server, and I've got the command

hwclock -w | rdate -s time.nist.gov

which sort of works... this sets both the system time and the
hardware clock time to the value it recieves from time.nist.gov,=
 but
it is 1 hour slow. (Most likely due to the GMT daylight savings).=

Can anyone suggest how I can get the correct time from=
 time.nist.gov
so I can set the correct times for the system and hardware=
 clocks.

p.s.  I had it working about 2 hours ago, changed something and
cannot get it back again :(   Suppose I was trying to be too=
 smart.
Any help greatly appreciated

Yours sincerely

Christopher Shennan