[dundee] How do you do yours?

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Apr 4 19:28:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 19:04, Wm. G. Urquhart wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got various UltraSPARC machines here that I'd like to dual boot with
> Linux so I can check cross platform development. Currently I use RedHat on

I presume, dual boot with Slowaris....

> Intel, but I was wondering if there was a 'better' option.
>
> What would you recommend (and why), I have the choice of:
>
> Red HAt

If you want a RH distro use Aurora, currently a port of RH 7.3,
(www.aurora.org), RH stopped support for the SPARC with RH 6.2.

> Debian

Probably a good choice.

> Caldera

Do they do a SPARC port?, even if so, I'd steer well clear of them,
given the SCO connection, this is reason enough....

> Mandrake
> Suse
> Slackware
> Rock
> and Gentoo.

Apparently (though this was from the mouth of the Aurora project
leader...) not a good choice esp regarding SPARC64.

--
Andrew Clayton