[dundee] Problems with USB mass storage device

Fionnbar Lenihan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 21:40:00 2003

Hmmm ....

thanks for all the help.

Not that I'm a techno-wuss (though I am a bit) but a kernel recompile
may be a bit of a step!

I use a Win4Lin patched kernel to run the aforementioned program so
kernel recompiles pose problems!

The necessary functionality is probably included in a later Mandrake
version so I could just upgrade and then run the Win4Lin installer again

The problem is not so acute now as I have bought a CF card for the
camera and now it records onto the card by default and the card works
fine in a PCMCIA adapter using mount /dev/hde1 /mnt/flash just like the
card from my Canon still camera.

It would have been nice to have a plug and play solution and save
fiddling about with CF->PC card adapters but I guess I can wait until I
install Mandrake 9.0 or greater.

Thanks again for all your help.  Will buy pints if I make it to next LUG

Fionnbar