[dundee] cvs stuff

Alan Edwards dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 21:04:01 2003

Duncan Gauld wrote:

>Kier> ps. when  is the next meeting? i think this one should be arranged
>well
>Kier> in advanced.
>
>Maybe we should work out a regular schedule? Weekly? Fornightly? Monthly? At
>the moment I would say that the LUG is too new to sustain a weekly meeting
>due to members not really knowing each other. Arranging a meeting just
>'cause that's what LUGs do is running before we can walk, methinks...
>
>It would be interesting to hear everyone elses' views on this. Maybe a
>weekly meet in a pub and a monthly normal one with talks and such like would
>be a popular choice ;)
>
>... That's if you're legally allowed in a pub after 6, dammit. :/
>
>Duncan

I thought the meetings were monthly anyway? Pub sounds good but I'd
rather do a bit of work and play. Talking about a
weekly/fortnightly/monthly meeting -- how often can we gain access to
the Dundee Uni computer lab(s)? Is'nt there only one person with the
keys? Can't do anything without the keymaster!

Shouldn't we make a list of topics that people might find interesting
and we can select one or two for each meeting i.e. how to configure and
run Apache/firewall/MSDOS emulation/WINE etc.

Also it would be nice to know a few details about other members of the
group i.e. what distribution does everyone use? I have Suse 8.1.

Cheers
Alan.