[dundee] Monday's meeting

Jonathan Riddell dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 18:43:00 2003

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 04:05:47PM +0100, Colin Brough wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 02:09, Robert Shand wrote:
> > > How about a GPG/PGP key signing thingy? That should be relativly quick
> > > and easy to do.
> >
> > sounds good
>
> OK, excuse my ignorance, but would I need to bring anything, what
> benefit would I get, .... I haven't really paid any attention to
> GPG/PGP, except to follow word for word (but without understanding!)
> instructions in setting up Mandrake urpmi to collect RPMs from the
> Penguin Liberation Front!

You need to generate a public/private key pair, we can do this at the
meeting if you want on my laptop (the integrity of which you can judge
for yourself but I know it to be ok).

If you already have a public/private key pair bring along a paper
print out of the fingerprint, Debian users can use gpg-key2ps from the
package signing-party.

Everyone should being along some suitable photgraphic ID.  Passport,
card-style driving licence or Royal Bank photo credit/debit card are
the usual.  University ID is probably good enough.

> No, I think its important to keep the same date (1st Monday in the
> month) constant, even if not a huge amount happens, 'cos we've got
> such a fluid membership/attendance at the moment.

I agree, and #tlug agrees, the meeting will be at 20:00 in the Applied
Computing building of Dundee University, remember to ring the door
bell.  Keysigning and possibly a talk on GNU/Linux and games is the
theme.

Jonathan Riddell