[dundee] Green MSPs

Mark Harrigan mharrigan at cincout.com
Sat Dec 20 17:31:32 GMT 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:34:59PM +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 06:42:57PM +0000, Mark Harrigan wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 06:34:26PM +0000, keirlawson wrote:
> > > Maybe Shiona Baird would be interested in coming to a meeting to tell
> > >
> > > whats about other parties, we wouldn't want to be biased now would we
> > > (SSP SSP SSP SSP)
>
> I'm sure we'd welcome anyone if someone organised it.  But I don't
> think SSP have a policy on Free Software whereas Greens seem to.
>
> > Or how's about none of them, nice and secular like.
> >
> > State and OS shouldn't mix etc.
>
> Quite.
>
> I don't see why parties and government should not have a policy on
> Free Software, it makes perfect sence.
>
> Jonathan Riddell

There may be problems with getting in politians in relation to the
computing department, there was a problem a few years back where
someone was using the internal mailing list for promotion of a
political nature. The person was told to stop or face disiplinary
action as the promotion was not appreciated by a number of department
members (if memory serves). I don't think this would come under that
same ruling but it would need to be checked out before hand to ensure
we didn't annoy the department, as would the views of the LUG members
on such a visitor.

Politics is quite an inflamatory area after all.

Mark

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. -- Brian W. Kernighan