[dundee] sound help!

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 02:30:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 18:33, Keir Lawson wrote:
> in case you hadn't noticed im a linux newbie so i dont know what those processes are or how to look for them.

Maybe if I'd had been paying attention ;-).

> thanks all the same

What windowmanager/desktop are you using? You could try disabling the
sound (server|deamon) from e.g the KDE control centre or the gnome
configurator.

Alternatively do a ps -ef in terminal window and look for proceses
called esd or artsd and do a killall -9 (esd|artsd) as root.

Then try your games.

Does things like the cdplayer and xmms work OK?.

> keir
> --

Andrew Clayton