[dundee] upcomming meeting?

Jonathan Riddell dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 21:57:01 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:32:52AM +0100, Mark Harrigan wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 10:42:19PM +0100, conor wrote:
> > is the next meeting on 7th july?
> >
> > keir told me that it was an install meeting (?)
> >
> If there is sufficient interest.
>
> > if so anyone interested in installing some distro (debian probably )
> > alongside a/ux and mac os 7.5.5 on my quadra 800
> > (http://www.lowendmac.com/quadra/q800.html ) in IICI case ?
> >

> If anyone is interested in helping you, sure (if the meeting is an
> install meeting) but it's an obscure and ancient piece of gear so
> don't expect everyone (or anyone) to jump at it.

Shouldn't be too difficult.  It will require the hard disk to be
patitioned of course and MacOS <= 9 installed for the boot loader.
Also you'll need a couple of floppy disks (and of course a copy Debian
PowerPC).  XF86Config files are a pain as well (even Yellow Dog Linux
failes to get them right and that's made for PowerPC).

Jonathan Riddell