[dundee] Constant crackle

dundee@lists.lug.org.uk dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:56:00 2003

My dads just got a new mandrake box from walmart.com.  Evrything with it works fine apart from the sound.  The sound is quite audible however there is a constant background crackling.  In the documentation that came with it this problem was mentioned and it said that the solution was to go into the kde control program and change the sound I/O method from autodetect to OSS threaded or something to that effect.  i did this however it does not seem to have solved the problem.

can some body help?

the soundcard is a VT8233 using the correct via82xx drivers

keir