[dundee] LUG meeting

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 03:16:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keir Lawson" <keirlawson@btopenworld.com>
To: "Tayside Linux Users Group" <dundee@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [dundee] LUG meeting

> not evrybody is on the list or if they are participate in it anyway

I don't know about that and who said active participation is a requirement
of entry? Lots of people lurk in most forums, usually they do come out of
their shell eventually so I don't think it's totally fair to ostracise them
in that way.

I also don't believe that geography and travel should be required to vote...
then if you actually read the constitution draft (that you approved of)
there is another small matter, the only condition of membership is to be on
the mailing list. I think it would be a bit two-faced to demand that and not
allow voting unless we could physically access you.

Mark

PS Plus I can make a program to count the votes, automagically :)