[dundee] broadband in newport

David R. Baird dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 17:40:00 2003

Time to delurk I reckon. Yes, I'm in the Fair City.

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a Linux box as part
of a home network? I'm about to install Redhat 7.2 on an old
win98 box I have here. Having just spent the afternoon (yet
another) trying to get XP and win98 to talk to each other so I
can get my files off the old box before removing windows, I'm not
looking forward to the task.

The setup will be an XP box connected to a cable modem, and to a
hub which will feed the Linux box.

I guess I'm asking, what settings do I need to know about to get
the network working, once I have Linux installed?

Dave.

--
Dr. David R. Baird
ZeroFive Web Design