[dundee] Debian

Mark McRitchie dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 20 19:17:01 2003

On 20 Jun 2003, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 18:56, Mark McRitchie wrote:
> > On 20 Jun 2003, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> > > Also, does anyone run Debian on SPARC/UltraSPARC?
> > Woody on my Sparc4
> >
> > Pourquoi?
> >

> I'll be looking to install it on an Ultra 1 soon(ish).

Please say its got a CD drive or something! I ended up doing tftpboot with
my workstation and installing it all off the web. Not fun and took me ages
to work out, but is was interesting none the less.

I don't use my Sparc ATM, so it sits off, but I did have a few problems
with some software on it, and the range of packages isn't as wide as for
an x86 stylee box.

Regards,
Mark.