[dundee] Debian

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 20 21:35:00 2003

Look to VMWare www.vmware.com (commercial product)

> I got a copy of Mandrake 9.1 and I wount work on my PC at all even the
> Text instal crapped out!. Yet it installs no problem on a old machine I
> have. Having said that I think I prefer RedHat, It seems a bit more
> proffessional the Mandrake. Have been so impressed that will be leaving
> RedHat running unless I need to do some gaming.
>
> One thing though how do I make the resolutions on the moniter work
> better, I am running at 1024x768 and every thing seems a little chunky,
> While its nice and easy to read, doesn't leave a lot of room, I have
> tried increasing the screen res, but that seems to have no evect on the
> programs?

Have you put in the correct Hozi and Vert refresh rates for your
monitor, or was it autodetected?

Try adding a line like (or modding the one already there)

Modes "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

In the screen section of /etx/X11/XF86Config-4 or maybe it's just
/etx/X11/XF86Config in RH 9

--
Andrew