[dundee] Compile woes

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 21 13:04:01 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:44:35PM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:
> I cant seem to compile rhythmbox(gnome music player www.rhythmbox.org i
> think) from cvs.  ./autogen.sh works fine and tells me to use make to
> compile.  i type make and eventually the following error appears:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/root/rhythmbox/data'
> Makefile:471: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/rhythmbox/data'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/rhythmbox'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> (i think thats the significant stuff)
>
> can someone help?
>
> keir

If you're using code from cvs I'd expect it to be less than stable,
could be a infinite number of things that cause errors with that sort
of code. I'd suggest subscribing to the development mailing list as
they may be able to shed light on it or using the packages.

Out of interest why do you insist on installing everything from source?

Mark