[dundee] a many different things

Tom Stott dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:27:00 2003

Right then, seeming that its 9.14am and my pop3 mailbox is quite loaded
with tlug stuff, i thought i would add another one...

1)i cant make it on the "official meeting" as i'll be in stranraer (but
mark already knows this.
2)The socail aspect of tlug is important and the pub is always a good
place to break the awkwardness of new people (guess its the Stella :))
3)I'd like to see something else on Linux gaming (tbh transgaming's site
is really well documneted for winex) - any other ideas??
4)Pub tonight sounds good but (mark i'll catch u in irc)
5)oi harrigan leave us newbs alone - i know where u live and i have a
big stick, :), i think Andrew and Mark are both correct when it comes to
content, we need to have a balance of everyone getting something from it
but not scaring newbs so they dont ask questions for fear of being
laughed/growled at.... - but some daft questions really can be solved
with a google or a good book....
6)the format of this email sucks - i dont care as im having the telewest
switched off tomorrow and will be internet less untill BT connect me and
then i have to wait for 7 days before i can activate the adsl...( and i
havent had any coffee yet this morning)
7)quick question to Duncan and Kier - ermmmm. cant think of a subtle way
of putting this - is it the folks that are stopping you from going to
the pub? is it that you just dont want too? is the fact that you dont
think you'll get in?, i knwo thats all really blunt but if its the last
one then it isnt a problem but any of the first two and i'll just shut
up :)

time for caffeine (it always improves one spelling and formatting!)

Tom