[dundee] C++ books

Timothy Roberts dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 10:18:01 2003

I have collected various C++ books/articles (a lot on
the STL) and would be willing to burn/xfer them for
you. Just say if you/anyone want them. They are all
free of the web, just difficult to find. Also, try
www.cuj.com for some good articles. Also a really good
advanced book is Modern C++ design. Very good free
reference is Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel. For
interesting general libraries try www.boost.org and
Loki. These will show you what C++ is capable of.

RE Random: #include <cmath> rand() is the standard
call for a random int drand48() gets you a double
(different algorithm). If you use linux there are
other libraries, just search the web. I use gsl (gnu
scientific library) which can return distributed
random numbers.

"Accelerated C++" looks good as already know the

(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072226803/qid=1046011958/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-3152687-2109756#product-details)

=====