[dundee] Formal Meeting

Duncan Gauld dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 22 15:51:00 2003

> I've been in contact with the resident Linux nerd/student-staff
representative in the computing dept. According to him there should not be
any problem using the facilities of the dept for our meetings.

> We will have to wait until the start of term however for the first student
staff meeting of the year, when that occurs I will be able to bring it up at
the meeting using the British Computer Society's use of the lecture theatre
as a precedent. Once that's done all that we require is approval from the
Head of Division, Prof. Ian Ricketts.

> Based on that I should hope we will be able to have a formal meeting in
Dundee University Microcentre before the end of April :)

> I'm currently looking at the idea of a constitution for the group as it
seems to be part of many LUG's. It would be a nice way to spread certain
responsibilites out and to give ourselves some sort of formal aim. I hope to
have a draft drawn up soon for you all to puruse.

Thanks for the info Mark. If you could do anything to allow us the use of
the facilities then great.

Then perhaps we can have a proper meeting - it needn't be too stiff and
formal - but we can hold the meeting in a place where there are power
sockets and we are all legally allowed to be :)

Duncan