[dundee] Smashy and Nicey

Jonathan Riddell dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 12 14:06:02 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:30:08PM +0100, Simon Wells wrote:
> >Also fun is urban exploration (Edinburgh geeks have a padlock on the
> >tunnel under
> >the New Town from Scotland Street to Waverly Station, Glasgow geeks
> >found another railway tunnel).  I don't know if Dundee has anywhere
> >like that.

> What do you mean by "have a padlock on the tunnel under the new town"?
> I tried to find people who were into this a couple of years back but
> there didn't seem to be any interest. It was the same with 2600
> meetings. Again, nobody seemed interested.

The tunnel didn't have a padlock on it, so in the interests of public
safety they put one on it.  I was there at the weekend and it seems
this has been replaced with a hefty metal cladding around a different
padlock so the plan must have been foiled.

Scotlug people are still talking about exploring abandoned railway
tunnels in Glasgow sometime.

Jonathan Riddell