[dundee] proposal of cancellation of tonight's meeting

Martin Habets habets_martin at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:26:42 BST 2004

I'm sorry I have not been able to attend lately. Family matters have been
keeping me abroad lately (I'm leaving for The Netherlands again tomorrow).
Hopefully I'll be able to attend again next month.

On a technical note, I was been able to ssh into my computer from abroad until
there was a sort of power glitch early july (9th?). Results: some bad blocks
on my hard disks, and the adapter of my modem got fried a bit. Today I got a
replacement modem from my ISP (Eclipse), and things are back to normal.
Resetting the disk drive needed a hard power cycle, but things went pretty smooth
after that. Hurray for ext3!

For the LUG agenda: we tried to create a list of items/projects a while ago.
Anyone still have that available? Maybe we should put 1 or 2 of these on the
agenda, along with any other topics. Maybe we should go round and let everybody
who wants to explain what they are up to (Linux-wise) lately. Now this usually
comes up in the pub afterwards, and sometimes it's realy interesting.

Martin