[dundee] Linux on the desktop

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sat Jan 10 21:37:36 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 13:30, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

[snip]

> Somewhere along the way he makes the point of it being hard to
> configure and of course it is a shame that there are two different
> desktop environments with much the same goals (one day those GNOME
> people will see sence :).

Not if your ESR (regarding his recent comments about KDE's death) and of
course Bruce Perens has chosen GNOME over KDE for UserLinux, and then
there is Novell, whom bought Ximian in the summer and recently purchased
SUSE (a main supporter of KDE)....

Personally I'd like to see both continue to get stronger... choice is a
good thing!