[dundee] email to the "abertay man"

Duncan Gauld dunkers at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 17:28:50 GMT 2004

This is what I fired off to Nigel Smart.
--------------

Hi,

My name is Duncan Gauld and I am writing on behalf of the Tayside Linux
Users' Group, TLUG.

I have heard from some University of Abertay students that there is a lab in
the university with some Sony Playstations running the Linux operating
system. As we are a Linux user group, to see this would be very interesting
to us.

So, what I'm asking is if we can use the room (just for one evening) on
Monday 2nd February so we can see those Playstations. Meetings usually begin
at 8pm.

The group maintains a website at http://www.dundee.lug.org.uk and has many
Abertay students. We have been meeting regularly at the university for
several months and our membership is about 35; however, the average
attendance at meetings is less than this.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Duncan Gauld
LUG Founder