[dundee] They are Ready-Free Linux Tech Resource Kit

Richard Earl r.c.earl at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 11:01:12 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

I've just heard back from Gerry Dye at Novell about the free Linux
Technical Resource Kits. His message below is for your perusal, as well
as the link to order the kits.

Rich

>>> "Gerry Dye" <gdye at novell.com> 06/10/04 10:28 PM >>>
Richard,

It is time to send the members of your Linux Users Group the offer for
the free Novell/SuSE/Ximian Technical Resource Kit that we recently
informed you of. Our original message with the offer to you is included
below for your review. We suggest that you include verbiage similar to
the following in the message to your members (Feel free to cut and paste
and preface however you think best):

"Novell Customer Communities is pleased to offer members of the
University of Dundee Linux Users Group the free Linux Technical Resource
Kit. With its acquisition of SuSE and Ximian, Novell has committed
itself to the Linux market in a very substantial way. Now you can
evaluate for yourself the value that Novell brings to the Linux market
and to your business. The Kit contains well over 10 gig of licensed and
evaluation software, patches and fixes, and other tools and resources
that will give you everything you need to evaluate and get to know the
current hot technologies. A partial list of the Kit contents include:

- SuSE 9.1 Professional (the very latest from SuSE)
- SuSE 8.0 Linux Enterprise Server
- Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0
- Ximian Desktop2 Eval
- GroupWise for Linux 1.0
- Red Carpet 2.02 Eval
- And lots more...

To order your free kit simply go to
http://www.novell.com/community/linux/order.php?sourceid=ukuod  and
follow the instructions. This is a great benefit to introduce you to
Linux technology from Novell and to Novell Customer Communities. Act now
as supplies are limited."

<end message>

I would appreciate it if you will let me know when the message goes out
and to how many members. This will help us manage the ordering and
fulfillment process to everyone's benefit. Your group is among the first
to receive the offer so we anticipate no fulfillment problems if your
members act reasonably quickly. Thanks,

Gerry