[dundee] Wireless

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Wed Aug 31 23:34:26 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 22:16 +0000, Stephen Hyde wrote:
> the icon down the right hand side  on the toolbar says "wlan0 connected" i
> can ping my router, there are no other computers on the network, there's
> network activity between router and laptop. Hope this helps

OK, sounds like the the kernel can see the card and basic networking is
functioning. Could be something as simple as DNS not getting configured
properly.

Looks like your setup is something like.

internet <----> wireless ADSL router <----> laptop

Are you using NAT or do you have routable IP's... I'm guessing NAT...

If that is the case check if NAT is configured in your router properly.

Also check what namesevers your laptop has been told to use.

Try pinging their IP's

Or try pinging bottomless.aaisp.net

> Steve

Andrew