[dundee] 'Win32 is the path to the dark side. Xp leads to anger. Anger leads to Vista. Vista leads to suffering.'

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 19 15:10:58 GMT 2006

> >  - getting skype up and running! Another friend in China wants to chat
> >    to me using skype and I've never used it...
>
> I must point out the problems with Skype (Lets face it, it is from
> the people behind Kaza!), closed source, proprietary protocols. An
> extensive analysis of Skype has been done:

Oh, I believe you - but the friend is in the middle of CHINA, with
constraints on the software and hardware available on their machine,
and an existing need for skype to communicate with work colleagues
both inside and outside China. I've got to fit in with them is the
reality. Given that I have to use it... a demo at a LUG of getting a
Linux machine to do VOIP in general, and co-operate with skype user on
Windows in particular, would be cool.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk