[dundee] Freshers Fair

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Sun Aug 5 17:12:12 BST 2007

Much as I haven't tried all that much in terms of liveCDs, mainly LFS build disks, and I don't think they're suitable.
I don't know whether you mean for purely demonstration purposes or to hand out but  I think we should consider the reason that there are hundreds of different distros. Therefore there should be distros aimed at different audiences being offered.For example, much as I still dislike suggesting it, Ubuntu for people who just want to use a pc, no games or fancy business and wouldn't know a block device if it hit them in the face. Also, I'd then suggest Puppy for lower end machines.

Anyway, that's my thoughts, take them or leave them. I should be there for the next meeting though :)

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com