[dundee] Gutsy partition problem

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Sat Dec 8 22:54:16 GMT 2007

On 08/12/07 18:34:57, Jacek Sapieja wrote:
>          I have upgraded to Gutsy Gibbon.
>          I got problems with mounting.
>          I must change the particion and in Feisty
>          it was sudo gedit/boot/grub/menu.lst
>
>          I cannot use this command in Gutsy
>          Do you know what command might work ?

That's not really enough information to be able to offer useful advice. The
info in /boot/grub/menu.lst tells grub where to find a kernel and that kernel
will then try and mount other partitions. Where is it that you're having
problems?

You should be able to edit your menu.lst with the command that you mentioned
(with the exception that there should have been a space between the gedit and
the filename: "sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst", if running from a run dialogue
rather than a command prompt then use "gksudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst" to
get the graphical version of the authentication). What changes did you want to
make to the file?

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Plagiarism is copying from one source. Research is copying from two or
more.