[dundee] ffmpeg server missing library..

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:06:21 GMT 2007

Hiya, I know I've mailed around a few times about this but I've found a new
problem.

I successfully installed ffmpeg and codecs from source following this
tutorial:
http://vexxhost.com/blog/2007/03/03/installing-ffmpeg-ffmpeg-php-mplayer-mencoder-flv2tool-lame-mp3-encoder-libogg-%E2%80%93-the-easy-way/

This was some months ago. It was installed on a FC6 server over ssh.

I go back now and discover this problem:

sshuser at ... ~ ffmpeg
ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libogg.so.0: cannot open

Can somebody help please? I need to fix this. So far I have tried
reconfiguring and compiling/installing both libogg and ffmpeg from the
sources I used originally but it has not worked.

Can someone tell me where the library file goes and how to replace it or
just how to fix this problem?

Many thanks
  Chris