[dundee] Student Laptops

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:13:33 GMT 2007

Hi All

With the introduction of these mini-laptops e.g. OLPC, Classmate, Asus
EEEPC & Everex (probably others will jump on to the bandwagon), these
laptops would be ideal for students regarding the price and
portability. My arms grew six inches lugging all those heavy database
textbooks in one arm and my laptop in the other (no! I didn't have a
backpack). Now the question is will Universities support Linux
networking and open document formats? If there are enough students
that have them there will be a hell of a lot of pressure to support
these laptops. Can a revolution be in the making at these Universities
regarding their view point on Linux and open source software?