[dundee] Offered: old PC with debian on it

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 17:07:05 GMT 2007

Hi

Have a very old PC going free if anyone can make use of it. Its a Dell
desktop with a 233Mhz Pentium 1 processor, 64Mb of RAM (all the
motherboard will take). It is just new enough to have a couple of USB
ports on the back, but old enough that when bought Windows didn't
support them! There is also an Ethernet port.

Can't remember the exact size of the hard disk, but its less than 10Gb
- 6Gb maybe? Its got a recent Debian - I think its etch, but etch from
just before it was designated stable...

At the moment it boots to X, but since the monitor is staying here I'd
bring the runlevel down so it'll boot against whatever monitor you
might plug in.

It runs fairly quiet, and was my main machine for about 5 years. I'd
guess its now 10 years old. Keyboard and mouse available too if you
need them.

Otherwise skipwards it will head.

Cheers

Colin