[dundee] Windows inverted

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 17:10:38 GMT 2007

I did something a bit like that. I took my Sony Vaio OEM Windows XP
installation (fresh after using the restore CD and installing SP2),
moved it over to my Dell desktop and got it working both as a real
installation and a QEMU installation, thanks to hardware profiles. I
usually use QEMU but occasionally I need to boot into it for real and
it's nice to not have to look after two Windows installations. One is
bad enough! It even passes WGA validation - I was able to install Power
Calculator. :D

For those who don't know, Virtual Box is a fork of QEMU. I've thought
about switching but haven't had any compelling reason to do so yet.

James