[dundee] OLPC Updated - XOs ordered

<3 sauntering.with.scissors at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 02:24:51 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

An update on the XO's.

*£265* has been raised so far (with *£150* of pledges still to be received).

To kick start the fund, the society injected an extra *£250*. [On top of the
*$200* donation]. This is to enable us to purchase the laptops before the
cut off date. This *£250* will be returned to the society account after all
donations have been collected.

*Update*

On Sunday 23/12/2007 two XO's were purchased for the cost of $847.98 (inc
delivery to orange,ca) :D wahaaay!

There is an order tracking service on the website: www.laptopgiving.org/

*Please note!* Our order does not show up on their system as yet. I have
called to clarify this and was told:

*"*texan drawl* due to the large volume of orders being processed it will
take in excess of a business week for your order to show on the system and
for a conformation email to be sent" *

I was assured, however, that the conformation number is only given after a
successful transaction, and that if there were any problems our order will
be honored even after the cut off date for the Give one Get one program.

If you wish to call or visit the website and check the status of the order,
the order details are as follows:

Website: www.laptopgiving.org/
International Customer Services number  *00 1800 201 7144* (note, there is
an average call waiting time of 50 mins)

Conformation number: 129572036
Email Address: higgins_paul at btinternet.com

The shipment is being sent to my cousin paul who lives in OC, California.
Zip Code: CA 92866.

Ill have another check next week and let you know how our order is getting
on :)

hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas new year holidays!

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed  :)

-Jen
TreasurAAAR.