[dundee] Re: Open Source day in Glenrothes

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 17:01:23 GMT 2007

yeah, we got the first meeting of the Abertay Linux Society...

we've managed to let them let non uni members join, and blag resources from them such as rooms and meeting halls, and even beer! ;-).

We're just organising the first meet, if you would like to get involved in anyway or have any thoughts on what you would like to see then drop me a line.

First meeting will just be an introduction, and get new members signed up.

I'll post a date on here this weekend ::-)...

Cheers,
Lee Hughes

j.williamson at connectfree.co.uk wrote: aww maaaan!  I work a couple of hundred yards away from there!!!!!  I am
unable to go because there is a guy flying up from Birmingham to help
instruct me on how to install Vantage.  I would have taken a holiday to go
to that.  Does anyone know of anything else coming up anywhere in Tayside or
Fife?

James

Andrew Clayton writes:

> This Thursday (yeah, the 22nd) there is an Open Source Day at the Adam
> Smith College in Glenrothes.
>
> This event is FREE.
>
> When: Thursday 22nd Feb
>   10.00 - 14.00
>
> Where: Adam Smith College
>   Southfield Campus,
>   Nasmyth Building,
>   70 Nasmyth Road,
>   Southfield Industrial Estate,
>   Glenrothes
>   KY6 2SD
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=KY6+2SD&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=56.178507,-3.199825&spn=0.013018,0.043259&om=1
>
> Register and more info here: http://www.glenco.org/open_source.php
>
> They apparently haven't had a great response and are looking for more
> people to attend. There will be a guy from Novel (so you can grill him
> on the Microsoft deal!). There will also be something on Asterisk.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andrew

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk