[dundee] Old laptop

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:08:27 BST 2007

from a few discussions on the ubuntu forums suggest something like

http://fluxbuntu.org/

although they dont have a fiesty base yet. they will be releasing gutsy
gibbon in october.

screenshots:  http://shots.fluxbuntu.org/nbuild1-rev2/

On 7/4/07, Nistur Effee <nistur at karate.com> wrote:

> Hmmm where to start? I have a very... stubborn mother. She has an old
> Win98 laptop that she uses for childminding, *shudders* edutainment style
> games and the like however, with it being a cast off from one of the parents
> it has thousands of faults and takes hours to do anything.
> She has so far been totally against the idea of putting Linux on it
> because "she won't know what to do". Going with children everywhere, I'm
> going to ignore her. I'll install Linux and see what she says, then install
> 98 after if she insists. I was just wondering what people would suggest in
> terms of distro. The HDD is only 2GB so Ubuntu/Minty is out of the question
> and I'd like to think I could get a variety of distros into working shape
> with some fiddling. Does anyone have any experience with lightweight (or
> maybe older versions) designed for Windoze migrants? (first one to say
> Lindows sits in the corner)
>
> Thanks in advance

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a
very narrow field.
  - Niels Bohr